Vinyl Garage Flooring
Most homeowners know the benefits of having vinyl flooring in their kitchens, baths, or laundry rooms, but few may be aware of the product's same benefits when considering it as an option for a garage floor.
Advantages of Vinyl Garage Flooring
There are many advantages of vinyl over other flooring materials. Vinyl flooring:
- Requires no scraping or painting
- Can be installed in just a few hours, either as a do-it-yourself project or with the help of professionals
- Is easily trimmed to fit any size or shape area, using only a utility knife
- Cleans easily
- Conceals stains and scuff marks
- Repels moisture
- Is slip resistant
- Lasts for years with minimal care
- Cushions feet better than tile, hardwood, or concrete.
Costs of Vinyl Garage Flooring
After reviewing this extensive list of benefits, you might be thinking that there must be a catch somewhere, maybe in the price. But vinyl flooring is relatively inexpensive. Sheet vinyl, as opposed to individual tiles, runs anywhere from $6.00 to $12.00 a square yard; add another $15.00 or so per square yard for professional installation. A one-car garage usually measures about 28 square yards, so for the industrious homeowner, cost of the project for materials alone could be as little as $170, which is not too bad, considering all that vinyl flooring offers in terms of aesthetics, easy maintenance, safety, and durability.